We, FWD Life Insurance (Cambodia) Plc. (hereinafter referred to as “FWD”), are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of the data you entrusted to us. We believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data in compliance with laws and regulations.
Purpose of collection
While you are dealing with us, your personal data will be collected, used, disclosed and processed by us by fair and lawful means to the extent necessary for the specific purposes as follows:
- Performing our obligations under the insurance policy we currently have with you
- Identifying and providing you with information about services or products that may benefit you or may be of interest to you
- Marketing to or informing you of the following classes of services and products offered by FWD or our FWD Group, affiliated entities, business partners and/or third-party entities:
- insurance services and products
- financial services and products
- selling, cross selling or upselling of services and products
- reward, promotion, campaign, loyalty or privilege programmes and related services or products
- donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit purposes
- Analysing and conducting data analytics, surveys and feedbacks to develop, build and implement our business models, products, services and systems which help us to provide high standard services or enhance the benefits to you
- Performing policy review and needs analysis
- Arranging meetings, training or activities for our customers
Collection of personal data
While you are dealing with us, your following personal data will be collected, used, disclosed, and processed by us:
- Details about you, such as name, surname, gender, date of birth, educational background, occupation, marital status and nationality
- Contact details, such as your name, home address, email address, phone number
- Social media accounts
- Identification details for authentication purposes, such as identification card number, passport number, driving license number, and photo.
- Financial details, such as your payments, credit card numbers and bank account details
- Results of any credit or background checks we have made on you
- Insurance claim information, where relevant
- Your employment information and salary
- The names and addresses of your dependents or beneficiaries
- Information about how you use our website, apps or other technology, including IP addresses and device information
- Any other information that you give us
In addition, we may also collect and hold sensitive data from you, such as:
- Health or medical information
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Membership of political, professional or trade associations
- Criminal records
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Genetic data
- Biometric data
Sharing of personal data with third parties
Your personal data will be kept confidential and will not be disclosed to any third parties unless we have the express consent from you or we have lawful grounds to do so.
Subject to the provisions of any applicable law and your consent, in order to operate our business smoothly, we may disclose your personal data to our FWD Group, affiliated entities and business partners and/or third party entities in Cambodia or overseas to enable them to tell you about a product or service, and store, maintain and manage your personal data.
We will not keep your personal data, in any case, longer than that is necessary for the purposes for which that personal data was collected, held and processed, except where the retention period is determined by other laws and regulations.
We undertake that the personal data will be retained in a secure location, accessible only to authorised persons and will destroy it immediately once the retention period has elapsed.